Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Bit Of A Cheat

The Wellington On A Plate Burger Wellington competition kicks off in less than a month’s time. Today, at lunchtime, we went to Charley Noble Eatery & Bar, where I had their burger. I asked the waiter about whether they were entering the Burger Wellington competition, and what their entry would be. “Oh, I don’t think it’s been finalised yet” was his reply.

I am deeply suspicious. All the burgers are listed on the Wellington On A Plate website, so I checked out what theirs was. It’s described thusly:  

Shooting Charley's Burger - $24
Taylor Prestonʼs beef patty with On Trays Monterey Jack, bacon and pickles, with house cut chips.

This sounds suspiciously like what I had for lunch, so I checked their menu online. It says:

HOUSE BEEF BURGER 26.00
Monterey Jack, bacon, pickles, house cut chips

That sounds like the same burger to me.

Now, it was a good burger, but I’m deducting marks for laziness. Also, I know that I can cross them off my shortlist during the WOAP fortnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment